[bksvol-discuss] Re: Creating a Process for Creating Guidelines

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:32:59 EDT

I don't know how my name got on that list unless there is another Roger,
but I don't want to be on it. I have taken on too many obligations as it is
and don't want to add another one right now.

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 7 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Creating a Process for Creating Guidelines
Date:
6/10/2009 1:47:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
carrie.k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi All,

Great to see the responses to this email! Overnight we've had 10
experienced Bookshare volunteers step forward to form this team of
Advisors/Shapers --
or whatever they might choose to name themselves (smile). Ten is a great
size to begin with -- not too small and not too unwieldy either.

The 10 volunteers are: Judy S., Christina, Amber, Mayrie, Chanelle,
Elizabeth, Shelley, Bob, Evan and Roger. (If anyone else wrote in who I
inadvertently
missed, please let me know).

I'll be in touch with this team off-list today so we can get some of the
logistical details underway and work out a process for getting started. As
things
develop we'll be sure to update the Volunteer list (and the blog) so people
can stay in touch with how things develop.

Nancy thanks for your comments and suggestions. We'll have the team take
them into consideration for sure.

With appreciation for this new team that's ready to go the extra mile to
make volunteering with Bookshare continually smoother!

All good things,
Pavi

Pavi Mehta
Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare