From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jake Brownell
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 4:08 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Core content

Hi Devorah,

Core content is somewhat of a legacy term; I don't think you'll find it
in the Volunteer Manual, but I could be wrong. Section 3.1.6 discusses
what's necessary for a book to be considered complete. I've excerpted
the relevant lists here.

The following material is required for a book to be considered complete:

*       Title/author page
*       Copyright page
*       Main text of the book

The following material is not required but should be included whenever
possible:

*       List of books written by the author(s)
*       Dedication
*       Acknowledgments
*       Table of Contents
*       Appendices
*       Glossaries

The following are examples of materials that are not required:

*       Book jacket
*       Book cover
*       Summaries of books for a book's series
*       Excerpts from upcoming or previous books written by the
author(s)
*       Indices

Sincerely,

Jake