[bksvol-discuss] Re: Core content

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:07:53 -0500

Hi Devorah,

Core content is somewhat of a legacy term; I don't think you'll find it in the
Volunteer Manual, but I could be wrong. Section 3.1.6 discusses what's
necessary for a book to be considered complete. I've excerpted the relevant
lists here.

The following material is required for a book to be considered complete:

  a.. Title/author page
  b.. Copyright page
  c.. Main text of the book
The following material is not required but should be included whenever possible:

  a.. List of books written by the author(s)
  b.. Dedication
  c.. Acknowledgments
  d.. Table of Contents
  e.. Appendices
  f.. Glossaries
The following are examples of materials that are not required:

  a.. Book jacket
  b.. Book cover
  c.. Summaries of books for a book's series
  d.. Excerpts from upcoming or previous books written by the author(s)
  e.. Indices
Sincerely,
Jake

Jake Brownell