[bksvol-discuss] Copyright question

  • From: Pascha Lea <pascha2u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:25:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I have just downloaded book to validate and I have a question on the copyright.
It is very brief and I'm not sure if it is acceptable. At the top of the scan
this information is given:

Georges, E. (1990). The Making of a Transnational Community: Migration,
Development, and Cultural Change in the Dominican Republic. New York: Columbia
University Press.

Is that enough information to be considered a full copyright? If so, this book
looks pretty good and I will accept it - if not, then I will reject it.

On the same issues of copyright - I scanned several Robert Jordan books for my
husband a few years ago. I scanned the paperback copies, which I've long since
sold off since we also have all the hard back copies. Because I was scanning
them purely for his use, I did not scan the copyright pages. My question is - I
don't suppose it's appropriate to copy the copyright information for the hard
back books onto the scans that I made of the paperbacks, is it?

Thanks in advance,

Lea

Yahoo! Mail Mobile