[bksvol-discuss] Re: Copyright question

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Charlene,

  The only way to submit a non-copyrighted book to Bookshare is to get written
permission from the author to put it in the collection.  Bookshare has a form
that the author needs to fill out, I believe.  If the author is unavailable or
unwilling to sign, then the book can't be accepted.

  HTH, Carrie

Charlene <caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  How do we submit a book to bookshare that doesn't have a copyright?
This isn't an old book, it's a cookbook that just isn't copyrighted for
some reason. There's not even a publication date, just the publisher.

Thanks!

Charlene