[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cookbooks

  • From: "Julie & Miss Mercy, avon representative" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:24:50 -0400

I love cookbooks and I have every one that's put on the site, so absolutely, if you want to tackle this, there will be plenty of us who would appreciate it. Cookbooks can be a bear sometimes to scan. I've done it and I've had good luck with some and terrible with others, so I hope you can manage it. Take care.

--
Julie Morales
http://juliemorales.avonrepresentative.com/

Amy Goldring Tajalli wrote:
Hello Booksharians and friends,
I recently got an extraordinary Cookbook which I wanted to see if anyone wanted scanned and to let people who like Cookbooks know exists. /The Book of Jewish Food : An Odyssey from Samarkand to New York : With more than 800 Askenazi and Sephardi Recipes/ by Claudia Roden // I know one need not be Jewish to like Jewish cooking and this France - A Mix of Alsatian, "Vieille France," Eastern Europe and North Africa; Israel, Echoes from Ancient Baghdad, Medieval Spain and the Ottoman World; Then on to Salonika, Georgia, Yemen, the three types of Jewish communities in India, Babylonia, Tunisia, and much more. The ways in which the Laws of Leviticus adapted to the culture and available foods and tastes of the regions is seemingly endless and the foods will make your mouths water. Please let me know if you want me to scan the book. I will not add it to my to be scanned list if no one wants me to scan it. For my friends who do not belong to Bookshare I send this so you will know the book exists and can get it if you want it from your local library and bookstore or contact me for more information. Happy dining. Amy