[bksvol-discuss] Christmas Bookshare reading

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 02:09:53 -0500

Dear Jackie, and Booksharian Friends

Jackie, thank you for the recommendation. I hadn't noticed you'd validated A Treasury of Christmas Miracles. I'll read it for sure. It's on the admin approval list, but I suspect it will be in the collection before Christmas Eve. If there's no hard and fast rule like first in, first out, maybe Claire will give the holiday books priority next week.

I'm reading Giovanni's Light, The Town That Stopped Time for Christmas. I remember one of the volunteers recommended it highly a couple of years ago. I downloaded it and didn't read it, but couldn't get it out of my mind. I'm reading it now and am so glad I didn't let it slip away. One of the first things Giovanni, a solitary mountain man who is close to nature, does is rescue a starving puppy from the junk yard. My dog is rescued. Naturally I was hooked, not to mention I was predisposed to like this book.

Bookshare has 4 Anne Perry Christmas books. I validated A Christmas Visitor with Grand Cindy's help from a scan by Shelley and also read A Christmas Journey. This year I'll read A Christmas Guest or A Christmas Secret or both which I believe Jamie Yates submitted.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>