[bksvol-discuss] Chopped books

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Bksvol-discuss)
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 23:59:30 +0000

If "chopped" means that the spines have been removed so the pages can be scanned more readily, then could someone tell me how to get them legally chopped. I have tried Home Depot and Office Depot and similar stores and cannot find anyone to do it at any price.I have done it page by page but that gets messy and Carrie has enough on her hands without my sending them to her t return to me chopped and scanned  for me to validate or even chopped for me to scan which would be fine. I have about 10 Penguin editions of classical Greek, Roman, and Italian works in specific editions and/or translations not available in Bookshare and I am not sure where they are available. [I cannot  download anything that requires Adobe so that rules out PSU]. I don't know about Guttenberg Project with the editions I want. The Penguin series is famous. And I want this particular Dante for its notes. I don't mind doing them even page by page but it would be easier if they were chopped.

  ;There are some books I don't want chopped so if anyone has a copy of the 10 volume - or any volumes therein - of  Plutarch's Lives As Englished by Sir Thomas North [these are the ones read & used by Shakespeare, Jonson, & Marlowe] that are chop-able [mine are hard backed, not paper] and are willing to donate them, I would happily scan and/or validate them. Otherwise I will attempt to scan them un-chopped but the margins are not promising.

Even though I have a stack of books to scan, I have been wanting to read these for many years but have not found these editions anywhere in available [to me] computer format.  Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Amy
omsm