[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cherry Ames books

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:49:52 -0500

 Thanks a million.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cindy
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:55 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Cherry Ames books

        ther author is Kathryn Applegate--or something K. The books I did were
historical fiction and involved early flying--I think around WWI and wer set in
England and there was some romantic entanglements. I think I proofread and then
read the two that followed--or maybe I proofed those, too. The author has
written other series. She's a popular young people's wuthor, I think, as there
have been requests for more of her books. The language was interesting. Either
the scan or the book I was using to proof from had the English words and the
other had Americanized words. I preferred th English words and used them.

        Cindy

        Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below

        Books Being Scanned List:

                    From: Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Date: Monday, August 17, 2009, 7:23 PM

                    I think I'm part of that same "kids who never grew up
club," Gwen. smile. Several of the scanners and proofreaders here, including
me, like to work on children's and young adult books that we either enjoyed
ourselves when young, or wish we'd been able to read.  It certainly is a nice
break from those grown up woes, isn't it?

                    Judy s.

                    gwen tweedy wrote:
                    > I love to read books I never took the time or thought
they were to big when I was little,
                    > I am still a kid even though I am 56 years old.
                    > oh well, some of us never grow up,
                    > or need an  escape from so much grown up whoas!

                    put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.
To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the
subject line.