[bksvol-discuss] Re: Checkout List

Hi Tracy,

Here's a little more insight into the Wish List process.

Items don't just get thrown out after they have been on the list for three
months. They get a second look in-house and sometimes get added depending
on priorities for building library content and the availability of budget.
Books get taken down after that time in order to keep the list from
getting too large to use and also because the list functions somewhat like
a popularity poll. If a book languishes for 3 months with no takers then
we consider that an informal "no" vote by volunteer proofers as to whether
they would like to have it in the collection

Scott Rains

On 6/22/11 7:55 AM, "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:.

>The Bookshare staff discussed it on the list a while back.  I squeaked,
>since I get most of my stuff from the older end of the list.
>I saw some of those old books get approved, but I'm pretty sure others
>were just deleted.
>But there are still a few languishing, waiting for someone to rescue them.
>Tracy
>
>> I sincerely hope that old books that had been languishing on the list
>> weren't summarily deleted on a whim, that would make me very sad.
>> Julia
>>
>> On 22/06/2011 10:17 AM, Tracy Carcione wrote:
>>> I think a lot of old books were deleted from the list, as well as a lot
>>> of
>>> the zz's.

N?§²æìr¸?yúè?Øb²X¬¶Ç§u¦åjy?¨¥¶?ä²ú%v+ºË+z«?²×ëyéb²Û(®
n¶Ø^Â?ݺ{.nÇ+?·?Ê+lzWâ?Ø^²æãyËe?w?¢­jX¬¶?Ú½¨¥i¹^r?¦jwl¦ëm?ì(­Ø^??ò?Û?ø§¶¬¹¸ÞrÙb?