[bksvol-discuss] Re: Checkout List

  • From: Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:34:20 -0400

I sincerely hope that old books that had been languishing on the list weren't summarily deleted on a whim, that would make me very sad.

Julia

On 22/06/2011 10:17 AM, Tracy Carcione wrote:
I think a lot of old books were deleted from the list, as well as a lot of
the zz's.

That is the figure I get too. I remember once before that it was that low
and even fell below a hundred. That was when we had two jiffy proofers who
were grabbing books from the checkout list and uploading them at a rapid
fire pace, sometimes as quick as a couple of minutes. I was kind of
wondering if we have a jiffy proofer again and I thought about looking at
the books awaiting approval list to see if any of them were uploaded as
soon
as they were checked out, but I didn't get around to it. It does occur to
me
that we have gotten an influx of a lot of new volunteers lately and that
may
be the explanation for the low number of books waiting for proofing.

_     _      _

"The time to speak the truth has come.... The government of the United
States cannot be on the side of peasants because it is an ally of the
landowners. It cannot be on the side of workers anywhere in the world
because it is an ally of the monopolies. It cannot be on the side of
colonies because it is an ally of the colonizing powers." - Fidel Castro
1960

The Militant:
  http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: