[bksvol-discuss] Re: Categories

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:09:56 -0400

Hi Daria,
This has happened to me, too. Try waiting a few minutes before you try again. I think I waited about 15 minutes, and it worked. HTH!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Dasha Radford
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:59 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Categories

I'm having trouble downloading an audio file. The download failed and I tried to restart it through the my history page and also through the search results page but it won't restart. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2012, at 11:35 PM, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

But Open Library has unlimited categories. Every time you see a book that lacks a word or phrase that would identify a sub or sub sub or sub sub sub category you can just add it.
On 10/9/2012 10:24 PM, Dasha Radford wrote:
If you split it like they do. It's about 86 categories. That's not unwieldy as one might think better than two or three sometimes even 400 which I have seen in the past in some isolated instances.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2012, at 10:11 PM, Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

RE categories, I, too would like to see some changes in the categories. The most important one is to change Science Fiction to include *only* that. Fantasy should be its own category. Also, there should be distinctions between history and historical fiction as well as crime and Mystery fiction. I'd suggest going to NLS and looking at the categories there.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring