[bksvol-discuss] Re: Categories

  • From: Amy McNeely <amym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:58:43 -0700

Hi Sue, Gary, and everyone else,

I can make recommendations, but that doesn’t mean they’re implemented. I’m
sorry I can’t just give you the tools you want, need and deserve. That’s what
everyone here at Bookshare wants, but different people have different ideas of
how it should be done. Not everyone here sees it my way. I come strictly from
libraries, and that’s a very different place of knowing than software,
publishing, nonprofits, and so forth.

I know it seems like nothing’s happening. If you want to put a human face on
it, you can blame me. I can take it.

Right now, I’m writing another recommendation. (That’s why I checked my work
email on a Sunday night.) Not going to tell you what iteration I’m on. Every
plan has been taken seriously by the concerned parties in the organization.
(Except employing Oompa-Loompas. No one took that seriously. People say they’re
creepy.) We all see a problem that needs solving.

I really want to give you more weather, but I’ll keep it at the news.

As for what I do all day: Sue, feel free to contact me off list and I’ll tell
you everything you want to know about my job, duties, reference request stats,
hobbies, BMI, etc. Don’t want to spam the list—unless the list is interested in
me (because I’m so fascinating, and so beautiful, and so popular, and everyone
at this school loves me so much, ad nauseum).

Your pal

Amy McNeely
Bookshare Librarian
amy.m@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:amy.m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>