[bksvol-discuss] Re: Categories

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:35:35 -0500

Yes, the categories are very limitted.  I don't think anyone actually wanted
to put fiction books in the history category, but there is no category for
historical fiction, and just fiction is too big a category.  Also,
historical fiction can teach you something about the past, so it may be
looked for by the same people looking in the history category.  They will
see that the book is fiction if they look at all the info for the book.

I really wish the search would allow for keyword searching of all the fields
present for books in the system.
I think everyone has commented on the category and search system, so the
staff are very well aware of our wishes.  there aren't enough people with
enough time to redo the system, it seems.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net