[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cannot Point to File Using Windoweyes and IE7 for Upload

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:41:10 -0400

Hi Max,
You can always type the whole path to the file and it will work.

Jim

James D Homme,
Usability Engineering
Highmark Inc.
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
412-544-8177

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are right."

             "Max G. Swanson"
             <mswanson@iphouse
             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [bksvol-discuss] Re: Cannot Point
                                       to File Using Windoweyes and IE7
             04/24/2007 02:13          for Upload
             PM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

Thanks to all that have attempted to help me with the upload of this file
that I've ben working on for three weeks; but it's *STILL* not working.

The suggestion to hit spacebar in order to activate the button tha won't
speak worked; and I was able to have the
Windows dialog tell me to look in the directory where the file was stored.
 In fact, it was still parked on that file from the last time I stumbled
upon this dialog or listview.

There is, however, no way to get a list of the contents of that directory.
 Actually it's full of folders and just the one file to be uploaded at
that level, which was part of my attempt to forestall this situation.

Pressing tab won't open a list, Pressing Enter won't open a list, Pressing
Space won't do it either.

If screen readers are so inadequate at this task, wouldn't it make sense
to alter the Web page or create a program?
--
"True Terror is waking up and finding your old high school class is
running the country."--Kurt Vonegut.   Pax, Max.  <Mail to: