[bksvol-discuss] Re: Calling in Cookbook Suggestions!

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:21:55 -0800

Hi, Charlene, I love reading cookbooks, I have found a bunch of them at
Amazon.com which I can send you. (What I mean is, I can let you know
about the cookbooks which in particular fascinate me. There's a couple
of Indonesian ones by Copland Marks, a vegetarian one by Darra
Goldstein. I won't lie to you, I'm really fond of the ethnic stuff as
well as those giving recipes for desserts. I seem to gravitate toward
all kinds of ethnic cookbooks, cookbooks with soups, breads, just
anything that isn't the Betty Crocker type where you dump a lot of
convenience foods in a casserole and call it cooking. (Don't get me
wrong, I was really fond of my mom's tuna-noodle casserole Which used
cream of mushroom soup.) I'm a proofreader and not a scanner and I've
often written about my concerns with the quality of cookbooks at
Bookshare. (I had the experience of downloading some cookbooks only to
discover the ingredients lists for recipes were non-existent [Macaroni
And Cheese, The Ultimate Ice Cream Book, and The Pie and Pastry Bible
are all books where ingredients lists are most likely images which
didn't end up in the books which I downloaded in brf format].) I don't
have an Optacon and proofread by opening up an .rtf document on my
computer in conjunction with a BrailleNote MPower so I can follow along
in Braille. If you wish to write me off list, I can let you know about
the finds in cookbooks if you're interested. Write me at
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxxx Regards, Kim Friedman.