[bksvol-discuss] Re: Caldecott Medal Winners

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:17:40 -0500

I know so far with the six that I have done all had great stories.  There is
so far that I have had to give up on because of it being mostly picture and
not much text, so hoping someone else can pick it up, but so far these are
actually really great stories.  I really liked Jumanji, though the movie is
much better, smile, and I liked So You Want to be President, where the
pictures have to be a hoot, smile.  Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears is
a very popular book for most school districts, and it was an easy read,
though I was worried with the pictures.

And Saint George and the Dragon is just a classic knights tale.

My library won't have the 2005 in for a few more months, smile, if someone
has access to it, and I have three more to try.  to scan, so will let you
all know how it goes, but it has been an interesting adventure.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com