[bksvol-discuss] CSUN Conference on Disabilities

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:04:19 -0700 (PDT)

WOWEE!!

Sharon's question about whether the CSUN conference is
just blindness related or all kinds of tech exhibits
led me to google to see if there was still something
up from last year's conferendce, and lo-and-behold,
there's already info bout this year's. I've pasted the
annoucement and the URL below, but Guess What!~ Our
Jim Fruchterman will be the keynote speaker!!!

It's a Technology and & Prsons with Disabilities
Conference and will be from March 10 - 15, 2008.

I hope I can come to hear Jim's talk, but it probably
will be too early in the morning or in the evening.

Cindy

 http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/
CONFERENCE 2008
Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference
March 10-15, 2008 ~ Los Angeles, CA
About the Conference

    * Conference Home Page
    * General Information

Attendees

    * Check back for updates

Speakers

    * Check back for updates

Exhibitors & Sponsors

    * Exhibitors
    * Sponsor for 2008

Contact Us

Center on Disabilities
Conference
CSU Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street, BH 110
Northridge, CA 91330-8340
conference@xxxxxxxx
Phone: (818) 677-2578
Fax: (818) 677-4929
Office Hours: M - F 8:00 AM - 4:45PM
Welcome
Planning is underway for the longest-running and
largest annual university sponsored conference on
technology and persons with disabilities.
Announcements

2008 Conference Keynote Speaker: Jim Fruchterman

We are proud to announce that Jim Fruchterman, one of
the leading innovators in the field of assistive
technology, will convene the 2008 Conference.

A 2006 McArthur Fellows award recipient, Mr.
Fruchterman is the founder of two non-profit
companies, Arkenstone and Benetech, that benefit
people with visual impairments and learning
disabilities.

Honored at the 2007 Conference with the Strache
Leadership Award, Mr. Fruchterman is a true visionary
and entrepreneur, known for adapting existing and
cutting-edge technologies into life-changing products.

Alliance for Technology Access

Join the Alliance for Technology Access (ATA) at the
2008 Conference for an industry-wide celebration.
They will be marking 20 years of growth and impact of
the ATA and the field of assistive technology.  Save
the date of  March 14, 2008 for this exciting event
and visit www.ATAccess.org/20years.htm for more
details.
-