[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bye Bye Bookshare

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:39:46 -0500 (EST)

Elizabeth

By going

www.benetech.org

one can get an overview of what the non-profit is all about.
As for your other questions, I am more and more wondering much the same
thing as I see little input from Palo Alto, volunteers developing their
own approaches rather than set guidelines, and a myriad of other things
that do not seem to indicate a smooth operation.
Please note folks that I am not criticizing any volunteer or staff
individual; but rather am becoming frustrated of the apparent lack of
direction and oversight that seems to be the mantra of the day.
And Peter's leaving, whatever the true reason, will lead to even more
rudderlessness.
It worries me that perhaps the real issue here is simply the lack of funds
to fund the operation in the required way;
and unless more in-house volunteers can be recruited, I can see Carrie
burning out.
And Bookshare needs 10, 20, 50 or perhaps 100 Cindy's and Carrie's to
assist what those of us home simply cannot do.