[bksvol-discuss] Re: Butterfly

  • From: "Robert Tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:32:13 -0500

Just to add to this post here's an example.

Â"Then I pass,Â"Ben said.

The bartender shrugged and started to move away when Ben laid his badge on the
counter. The bartender looked at the badge then up at Ben, obviously
unimpressed.

Â"Two people were gunned down in front of your place about twenty minutes
ago,Â"Ben said.

The bartender's stare never wavered. Â"Yeah, so I heard.Â"

Â"Don't suppose you heard the shots?Â"

Â"I don't suppose I did,Â"the bartender drawled.

Â"Then who called the cops?Â"Ben asked.

The bartender shrugged. Â"Some guy came in off the street, said there were two
bodies in the snow. I showed him where the phone was. He used it. That's all I
know.Â"

Â"Is he still here?Â"Ben asked.

Â"Nope.Â"

Â"Can you tell me what he looked like?Â"

Â"Nope.Â"

Ben had to resist the urge to grab the bartender's shirt and shake that
insolent tone out of his voice.

He turned around and raised his voice so that it could be heard throughout the
small room.

Â"Anybody in here see what happened outside?Â"

Nobody answered.

Â"Anybody hear anything . . . like gunshots