[bksvol-discuss] Re: But He Was Good To His Mother by Robert Rockaway.

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 21:52:21 -0600

Hi Cindy!

Sorry I'm so behind on list mail. With the holidays in full swing, I have not been at the computer much.

My husband got me "But He was Good To His Mother" for my last birthday. I am planning on scanning it sometime unless someone has already beat me to it.

Thanks for trying to scan it, Cindy. Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with the book.

If someone is scanning it, (haven't checked the list to see what's in progress), I will still be glad to proof it.

Debby

At 03:44 AM 11/26/2010, Cindy wrote

Someone requested But He was Good To His Mother by Robert Rockaway, a (poorly written and poorly organized book, but interesting) about Jewish gangsters in the U.S.-- Because I could get the book from my library I offered to scan it so another volunteer who offered wouldn't have to buy it ( Cindy. However, after spending many months on and off (while working on other things, I've given up the attempt to make it submittable. To make a long story short, there were problems with my original OCR and scanner and then, when I finally did get it scanned on a different scanner-computer combination,and put the pages together into one document, when I went to proof it, I found that some pages were out of order. and others didn't get scanned.

I no longer have a scanner. If someone else can scan the book, I can get the book from my library and will proofread it. Debbie F had offered to proofread it, and if she is still wants to, that's fine with me; I need to get back to the book I'm working on.

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

                                                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>