[bksvol-discuss] Re: [Braillenote] Sandisk Wifi Cards

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:56:22 -0600

Why the braille note subject and message in an E-mail to the bookshare list? You might not get the best responses to your questions if the subject isn't relevant.

Since I see you are probably on the braille note list, could you tell me how to subscribe? I have a few questions and issues I'd like help with.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "estin" <estin@xxxxxxx>
From: "James Aldrich" <jkaldrich@xxxxxxxxx
To: "Braillenote List" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:50:36 -0800
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Sandisk Wifi Cards

I was very pleased with the Ambicom card till my wife was having problems
connecting, then disconnecting only to connect again etc. This was
especially annoying when one was on a web page. Needless to say, I gave
her the better ambicom card and the bad card worked for a time but then I
had the problem of not being able to stay connected with it. I wiggled it
in the back slot and sometimes that fixed the problem and then it would do
its thing all over again. I sent it in to Ambicom and when I sent it in,
it wasn't working at all in my unit. I got it back again only to find it
wasn't working. I decided to try the Sandisk card and it wasn't giving me
any problems. I noticed when I used the side slot with the ambicom card,
it would work for a time while in the adapter but the Sandisk card has been
flawless!

I hope you have better luck with ambicom.

Jim Aldrich

At 08:40 PM 01/05/2006 , you wrote:
Hi Jim

I don't know about others but I've tried my Sandisk card both in the back
and the side slot with the adaptor. No go either time. We bought one card
here in New Zealand and one through a company in the States so it seems
awful bad luck if there was a bad batch and we still managed to get two
bad ones. Somehow I doubt it as I bought the first card over a year ago
when I was involved with beta testing and only bought the second one
within the last month.

I appreciate hearing all the experiences others have had.  It seems they
vary quite a bit.  If I don't want to risk another Sandisk it looks like
the Ambicom is the best one to try.

Cheers
Paula.

___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

___