[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille help needed

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 00:33:25 -0700

I'd say it is I can't. An ' is dot 3. Sometimes it's hard to tell the dot 6 from 3 when it's standing alone like that. Or they made a mistake. It doesn't make any sense for it to be something else.

Denise

At 09:24 PM 5/9/2010, you wrote:
I'm starting to scan a book that has a packet of items in the pouch in the beginning of the book. One of the items is a small card with braille on it. I think I can do it ok if it isn't too complicated (I don't know much grade 2 braille and I can only sight read braille so it's kind of slow going for me).

Is the dot 6 that means the first letter of the next word is capitalized, can that also be an apostrophe? So far I have dot 6 dots 2,4 space dot 1,4 dot 1 dots 1,3,4,5 dot 6 dot 2,3,4,5 which I thought would be I can T but that doesn't make sense. It makes more sense if it is I can't

right?

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Sisterhood of Dropped Stitches by Janet Tronstad
Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: <http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497>http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html