[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille display question

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:16:06 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the explanation, Sue.  So, if I am interpreting correctly, you only
know it is a protected page break, and thus a hard page break, if you arrow,
not
just by Word page count.  I guess the only thing that can help is to compare
the
books number 1 page to the Word page count and know the difference between the
two (I would have to make a note at that point, or I would forget, Grin), and
as
soon as that difference changes, see if I find a protected page break (again,
only if the person who scanned protects them), and if not, if the next page is
consecutive numbered page, adjust the difference number and know it had to be a
soft page break.  Not fun, for sure!

I sure would be after whoever removed the announce-ability of hard page breaks
to restore that functionality.  Out of curiosity, are you using the full Office
2010 or Starter?  I actually prefer starter for reduced clutter ...
 Valerie