[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille Note Suggestions?

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:41:34 -0600

Hi Nehemiah,
It seems that some BNs do this, eating formatting in txt files. Mine hasn't
really done it, but I've heard about this from at least one other person,
and it's a person who knows more about the BN than anyone, including the
people at PDI. You could try saving in Keyword, but make sure it's a
Keywordtxt file, which would have the extension kwt, not a Keyword braille
file with the kwb extension, not that the BN wants to show anyone file
extensions. If that doesn't work, try working in .rtf and converting to txt
later with Word or another word-processing program, or with one of the OCR
packages. Bns remind me of that old nursery rhyme, when they're good they're
very very good, but when they are bad they are horrid. <lol>
Kellie