[bksvol-discuss] Re: Boy am I discouraged.

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:38:40 -0400

Jim, I can hear the frustration in your message. I'd feel that way too after such a long scan. To have this happen twice has got to be frustrating. Is this a problem you have with other books on your machine? Given that I don't know much about your situation, May I offer a suggestion? After scanning the last page, I would press control s to save and then use Kurzweil's save as feature to save the file under a second name. I might even make an rtf file at this point as well. I would use the second file as my file to edit with rank spelling and such so that the original scan is preserved in case anything goes wrong later. You may already be doing this, so please disregard my suggestion if it isn't a good idea.

Monica Willyard