[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare.org announces improved searching on its site

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:37:29 -0500

Yes, they do the same thing in version 6. I think they might disappear slightly less quickly, but that might only be my impression because I started getting wiser about what would and would not work. :-)

It's great that the volunteer page was updated, but of course that made my placemarkers on that page vanish.

I wrote a long detailed message to Freedom Scientific requesting a new method for making and using placemarkers. I want them to be based on finding certain strings instead of only going to the line on which you placed the marker. Who knows if they will like my idea, though.

I also suggested a hotkey that would find a link on a page that contained the word next, and a command to find a link with the word previous. That would allow you to move through series of pages without constantly having to tab, search for, or move to link when you might need the find feature for another string you are continuously looking for on that series of pages. Since it works in the opera browser JAWS should be able to simulate the feature for us. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Instructor
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>