[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare events at CSUN

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 03:23:35 -0500

Scott,

Doing a general session search at http://www.csun.edu/cod results in the
following sessions where someone from bookshare will be presenting.  You may
wish to check times and dates when you get your program.  They are subject
to change.  Bookshare also will have a booth in the Vendors exhibit area.
Generally the booth is located in the Imperial Ballroom at the Marriot.
Again, check your material to be exact.

All For One, And One For All: Single File, Multiple Outputs

A standard file format NOW makes it possible to produce content that is
accessible to all. NIMAS, the U.S. National Instructional Materials
Accessibility
Standard, is an application of the DAISY/NISO file format. Creation of
accessible files from NIMAS w
George Kerscher, DAISY Consortium; Larry Skutchan, American Printing House
F/T Blind; Phil Steele, gh, LLC; Blake Erickson, Telex Communications, Inc.;
Jim Fruchterman, Benetech Bookshare.Org
Topic:  DAISY
Level:  Intermediate
Disability Codes:  LD,V
Wed.  -  3/16/2005
9:20 AM  -  1:00   Hr/Min
Atlanta - Marriott

Portable Delivery Of Content For The Print Disabled

Bookshare.org and BookCourier provide an integrated content service and
portable reading device for print-disabled users.
Peter Scialli, Benetech; Steve Gomas, Springer Design, Inc.
Topic:  DAISY
Level:  Intermediate
Disability Codes:  V,DB,LD
Thurs.  -  3/17/2005
10:40 AM  -  1:00   Hr/Min
Denver - Marriott

There may be more but I haven't found them.  I hope this helps so far. If
there are more sessions, I'm sure Bookshare folks will point them out.  Let
me know if you have any questions.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director