[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare Volunteers and "The Game of Kings"

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:32:17 -0500

I'm not sure that I count. I used to be a chess player. At one time I was known in my area as one of the best casual players and one of the worse tournament players. I am not sure I count because I have not been into it for quite some time. Before I became blind I was drifting away from it a bit anyway. Then when I became blind -- almost twenty-three years ago now -- I gave it up because at the time I thought it was one of those things that blind people could not do. By the time I found out that blind people play chess all the time I had drifted far enough away that I never made the effort to get back into it.

"Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters." - Rosa Luxemburg

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com