[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare Daisy files maintain Bolding, Font point sizes, Italics, and more

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:45:11 -0600

Cindy, as it says in the volunteer manual, times new roman, arial etc. and most any standard fonts are really acceptable. smile. For now, the bookshare translation tool that creates the daisy files is standardizing the font as arial. But since bookshare keeps the original rtf, the option is there in the future for all fonts that are in the rtf to be retained in the DAISY xml files.

Judy s.
Cindy wrote:
In the past I tried to match the fonts in the print as closely
as possible with fonts available to me in Word, but I learned
that some of the Fancy ones just don't translate translate--I
assume in braille but maybe in other things, too, so I just
use times Roman, or may New York or some of the more common
fonts that approximate what I'm seeing. I didn't know Arial
was desirable; I thought Times roman was the preferred font,
generally. I do enlarge and bold and italicize letters and
words, though, if they're that way in the book. Cindy