[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books with outdated information

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:00:54 -0400

One of the important lessons I was taught, when I started writing term papers, in middle school, was... to check the validity of the source.

My teachers gave us guidelines on what books were acceptable, what websites were acceptable, and we went over in fine detail how to determine a good source.

I had these lessons in middle school, high school, and college.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com
From: Gary Petraccaro <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:15 PM
Books don't just tell us what we think today, but what
we believed
yesterday.  They're windows into different times and
cultures.