[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books to remove, or move from the being-scanned list

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:07:14 -0500

It might have been the old versus the new (updated) Nancy drew's.  The
newest ones are not reprints, but updated rewrites.

Take care!

Valerie

Please pray for Doug's Dad & visit his website:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billkoonce

From: Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Books to remove, or move from the being-scanned
list
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 6:17 AM

Hi Cindy,

These books can be removed from the being scanned list:
BLACK HILLS,  Nora Roberts (being processed)
CRAZY FOR THE STORM,  Norman Ollestad
Michael Jackson, edited by Joe Funk,
Renegade: The Making of a President ,by Richard Wolffe
SMASH CUT, by Sandra Brown
TEARS IN THE DARKNESS,  Michael Norman and Elizabeth M. Norman
THE MAGICIANS, by Lev Grossman
THE NEIGHBOR,  Lisa Gardner
BENGAL'S HEART, by Lora Leigh
INHERENT VICE, by Thomas Pynchon
IN THE PRESIDENT'S SECRET SERVICE, by Ronald Kessler

These books are in the section of books being scanned by bookshare, but are
really being done by volunteers:
The Bodies Left Behind  by Jeffery Deaver
Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie has been scanned by Christina and is
being proofed by Georgina
Flowers on Main by Sherryl Woods is being processed bySusan L.
Posers, Fakers, and Wannabes by Brennan Manning is being scanned by Robin
Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is being scanned by Robin
The Mayor Of Macdougal Street: A Memoir by Dave Van Ronk, Elijah Wald,
Lawrence Block (Foreword) will be scanned by Rik
A Treasure Worth Keeping by  Kasey McAllister will be scanned by Gwen and
proofed by Mayrie

    And why have two sections about being scanned by bookshare, when
there are only NYT books in both sections?
IN THE PRESIDENT'S SECRET SERVICE, by Ronald Kessler

These books that I have starred need to be deleted: (They aren't even actual
books)
*3-in-1 Collection: Come Thirsty, Traveling Light, and Masquerade,  Lowell
Cauffiel Mayrie will scan and Marilyn will proofread
*3-in-1 Collection: Come Thirsty, Traveling Light, and Merchant of Terror: ,
Lowell Cauffiel Mayrie will scan and Marilyn will proofread
Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermysteries will be scanned by Mayrie
(This is still on the list twice.)
Mayrie