[bksvol-discuss] Books submitted 2

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:49:50 -0500

Two books submitted.

One is very easy to validate,

The other, well, let's just say i couldn't get in it.

Smile.

Boards That Love Fundraising

This one needs a spell check and a quick look over.

A Field Guide to Narnia

This one I edited up to page 70 or so.  And I couldn't get into it.  And
Since The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe are currently in the theaters,
well, I thought maybe the book would be a good addition to the collection.
Anyway.  It needs the works.  Noticed some minor brightness issues,
particularly modem for modern and namia for narnia, but only on particular
pages, doesn't seem to be Universal.

Here is the book jackets.
From the Book jacket:
Boards That Love Fundraising is an easy-to-use workbook in which board
members will find the information and skills they need to overcome the "fear
factor" and become confident, successful fundraisers.

? Provides information on board structure and its impact on raising money
 ? Outlines the concepts that will empower you to ask for money effectively
and fearlessly
 ? Describes the wide variety of methods nonprofits use to raise money and
the board's role in each area
 ? Shows how to recruit board members who can help with fundraising
 ? Explores the vital issues of fundraising-planning, staffing, evaluation,
and working with consultants

Using this indispensable tool, board members will learn how to transform
their ideas about "begging for money" into opportunities to urge citizens to
invest in their enterprise through philanthropic contributions. Boards That
Love Fundraising provides a wealth of exercises to pave the way to
successful board fundraising efforts.

PRAISE FOR BOARDS THAT LOVE FUNDRAISING
"Zimmerman and Lehman have more than two decades of hands-on experience
helping board members know how to do their job. This workbook distills their
knowledge into helpful and easy exercises and tips that everyone in the
nonprofit can use to raise more money."
-Kim Klein, publisher, Grassroots Fundraising Journal

"The wisdom in Boards That Love Fundraising helped me and our board of
directors deal with some of our most challenging
issues. In this day and age, fundraising by board members is critical to the
success of any nonprofit organization-including
ours. Zimmerman and Lehman will help your board get there, too."-Janet
Knipe, executive director, California Youth Correction

A Field Guide to narnia
From the Book jacket:
Whether this is your first visit
or you've been there many times, you'll want to bring along this handy guide
to the landscape and inhabitants of Narnia. You'll learn more about the mind
behind Narnia, how Narnia relates to other imaginative worlds and children's
literature, the history within the stories of Narnia, and how Narnia fits
into Lewis's other work. This book will help you dig deeper into the series
and its implications for understanding the Christian life.

"Colin Duriez . . . provides profound insight into the brilliant mind and
prolific writings of C. S. Lewis. By carefully interweaving the life
experiences of Lewis with an analysis of his vast body of scholarly and
popular works-especially his Chronicles of Narnia- Mr, Duriez provides the
reader with new understanding and a strong motivation to read the works
again and again."

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx