[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books out for validation page, and the bounty wish list page ...

  • From: Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:16:57 -0500

Rick,

I'm surprised you didn't get a notice. I rejected your copy of Breath, Eyes, Memory because someone had already submitted it, I validated it, and it was added to the collection. Sorry you went to the trouble.

The wish list isn't updated on a regular basis from the looks of things... They could easily automate it, but well, I'm singing to the choir here.

People don't update Marisa's list constantly, eitherso I wouldn't use that as an indicator...it's just a helpful guide, particularly when thinking of new books to scan.

At 09:03 AM 07/03/2006, you wrote:
I was looking at the Step 1 page and saw a .DOC version of the same book I
scanned and submitted a few weeks ago....

STOLEN LIVES: TWENTY YEARS IN A DESERT JAIL
by Malika Oukfir and Micheele Fitoussi
I submitted it on January 25.

Is this the correct URL for the most recent Marissa's List of books out for
validation to Bookshare?  It is dated February 8.

http://members.cox.net/booksharescans/Marissa.html

Another couple books I submitted on February 22 but do not see on the list
are:
A MAP OF THE WORLD. By Jane Hamilton
BREATH, EYES, MEMORY. BY Edwidge Danticat

The only other book submission I have out is the Feb. 13 submission of
THE READER.  By Bernhard Schlink, Carol Brown Janeway (translator)

NOTE: I selected those above from the Bounty Wish List. I did click on the Scan It link at the time I got the books and proceeded to scan and submit them. I had not really known until I got looking after seeing this .DOC version of Stolen Lives on the Step 1 page, BUT those books are STILL LISTED THERE!

Here is a quick paste from the page...

Title
 Author

Breath, Eyes, Memory Edwidge Danticat Scan It! Drowning Ruth Christina Schwarz Scan It! Icy Sparks Gwyn Hyman Rubio Scan It! A Map of the World Jane Hamilton Scan It! The Reader Bernhard Schlink, Carol Brown Janeway Scan It! Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail Malika Oufkir, Michele Fitoussi, Ros Schwartz Scan It!

The Drowling Ruth and Icy Sparks books have alreeady been accepted and I
guess are in the bookshare library.

So if someone knows who to tell about that, I just thought I would mention
it.  I figured perhaps that is how another person went to all the trouble to
scan the Stolen Lives book.

Just in case there was a glitch, I went ahead and re-clicked on the SCAN IT
links and informed the recipient of the submissions.  Hope that was okay to
do.

Thanks.
Rik
bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list