[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books on the List

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:51:12 -0500

Hi Patti,
Part of the frustration you're running into here is that people have different
standards when it comes to fair. Some people feel as you do, that if they can
basically follow the story it's enough. Other people feel that scanning
technology has come a long way in recent years, and it's no longer extremely
difficult to get very high quality scans. Given that, they feel that books with
lots of garbled passages and missing words are no longer simply part of life
and therefore they don't accept them.

From what you've said before, I know you have Openbook. If you can describe for
us what types of errors you find when you're doing a scan, maybe other Openbook
users here can give you some tips on how to make the scans come out better. I
think you'll be amazed at how good your results can be once you've learned the
quirks and ins and outs of scanning. There is a learning curve, and I know from
experience how frustrating it is when you are struggling to get decent results.
We've all been there, and everyone is happy to do what we can to make this
whole submission thing less discouraging for you.
Kellie