[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books Already Submitted With the Line Break Problem

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:21:02 EDT

Jamie already took the Fidel Castro book. That was the oldest of my scans
on the check out list and had only been checked out once by Nicholas Wilcox,
the jiffy proofer, so it had gotten no other proofreading other than my own.
The problem is, being an early scan, my inexperience may cause it to have
other problems than just the line breaks. As for the others, I know that my
second oldest scan on the check out list, Marx, Lenin and the Science of
Revolution by Max Eastman, has been proofread by both myself and Kelby. It was
bounced back because of the line breaks. I would suggest that, if you want
one that has been thoroughly proofread and only has the line break problem,
then look in the comments section. If Carrie has sent it back because of the
line breaks then it has been proofread by at least two people, myself and
whoever uploaded it later. As I said, two of them,The Last Year of Malcolm X
and The Working Class and the Transformation of Learning, have been bounced
back with a hold on them for Kenny and Kari. They have not taken them back, at
least not as of last night, so you might want to check with them about
whether they really want them back, but both of those count as having been
proofread twice.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books Already Submitted With the Line Break Problem
Date:
8/2/2009 3:08:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Don't worry about it. I have four to do and possibly a fifth soon, but if
no one gets to those by the time I'm ready to download something to work on,
I'll
take them. Unfortunately, I can't take something and not really proofread
it--but if one of them has already been proofread carefully by you and only
needs
the line break problem fixed, let me know which one it is. I'll download it
and fix the line break issue and upload it and see if that solves the
problem.

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 9:32 PM

Since my submissions are being returned to the check out list for more
editing they are beginning to pile up there. Now that you know what the main
problem
with them is I wonder if any of you with expertise in removing those line
breaks might want to take them for a global replacement. They are: My Early
Years
by Fidel Castro; Marx, Lenin and the Science of Revolution by Max Eastman;
Malcolm X: The Last Speeches; Nowhere on Earth by Michael Elder; The Jules
Verne
Steam Balloon by Davenport; The Working Class and the Transformation of
Learning by Jack Barnes; The Last Year of Malcom X. Those last two have a hold
on them put there by Carrie for the last people who tried to proofread
them, Kenny and Kari, but they show no immediate inclination to take them back.
You might want to check with them, though, to see if they still want them
before you take them. The one by Castro is one of my early scans and has been
checked out only by Nicholas Wilcox. It is one of those Carrie bounced back
because he did not have it for more than five minutes. So it has never had
an actual attempt to be pproofread and so might have mor problems than just
line breaks.

                                                          "If you tremble
with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." Che
Guevara

             The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html
             _

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www
.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&
bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)

block quote end

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&amp;hmpgID=115&amp;