[bksvol-discuss] Re: BookShare book club?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:01:00 -0800 (PST)

Jamal, Tony's right in the sense that the
bookshare-discuss, the way I understand it, was
intended to be a place where people would discuss
books and the bksvol-discuss was where people would
discuss problems or ask questions about submitting,
validating, technological problems, etc. But, as Tony
says, all kinds of topic are discussed there but fewer
than are off-topic subjects discussed on the
bksvol-discuss list.

However, as far as I know, in the traditional sense of
a book club being a place where members read the same
book at the same time and then discuss it, I don't
think there is one.  It sounds as if Tony would be
interested in starting one and monitoring it. You both
might ask in both lists how many people would be
interested and start one of your own, or ask Marissa
if bookshare could start one if you find that enough
people are interested. Maybe some  bookshare members
and/or nonmember volunteers who aren't on either list
would be interested.

I'm not one of them, however. I prefer to read what I
want when I want. If, however, you form a group and
read and discuss Bariccio's  Without Blood and City,
I'd like to visit. I have a feeling there's a lot to
be found in that book and I'd like to know others'
opinions as to possible deeper meanings.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com