[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book without blank lines at top/bottom of pages

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:43:26 -0600

Allison,  the header processor is actually supposed to eat up headers;  it
should then extract page numbers and place them into the DAISY code, so
that DAISY readers can go to the real page 4456,  instead of the 456th
page from the beginning of the file.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
01/11/2008 06:06 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book without blank lines at  top/bottom of pages

Hi,

I have been a validator for about 3 or 4 years now and really don't pay
attention to blank line placements, and I've not had any trouble with the
stripper eating my page numbers.

Best,
Allison