[bksvol-discuss] Book wish

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 23:36:52 -0500

I was reading Black Like Me, to edit it before submitting it, and came
across a reference of a book I know I would really like to read if someone
can get their mitts on it.

It is called

The Magnolia Jungle
By P. D. East

I believe.

It is about a white newspaper writer, who starts to write the truth about
race relations in the south and what happened to his family and his
business. in the 1950s and 1960s.

From the sound of  what John Griffon says about it, it is supposed to be a
great book.

I don't think my library has it.

But if anyone had access to it, It would be a good addition to Bookshare.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com