[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book submitted: Snakes

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 10:43:00 EDT

Actually, there has been some discussion on the BARD list lately about old
talking books. The word from the NLS employees who monitor the list is that
pretty much all books that have been in the NLS collection are still
available. If, in the on-line catalog, it says that a book has been withdrawn it
only means that the regional libraries no longer have copies on hand. It is
still possible to get the old RD books if you are willing to wait for one of
the bulky record players to be shipped to you from some far-flung storage
facility and if you are willing to wait for the RD books themselves to be
shipped from some far-flung storage facility -- in other words, if you are
willing to go to a lot of trouble -- you can still get virtually any book the
NLS
has ever recorded.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in
various ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book submitted: Snakes
Date:
5/1/2009 11:01:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I've been meaning to thank you for all these short books on animals.  I
think from time to time that I would want to know something fairly basic about
some
animal or other and the easiest place to find it out would be in the kinds
of books you've been adding to the collection over the years.  I remember
very
short books in the Library of Congress Talkingbook program about particular
mammals and birds which included typical sounds they made and I don't think
these can be found in the collection any longer--not the specific books,
but even something similar.  Minus the audio, however, it can be found here.
That's great.

block quote