[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Salmon

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 11:27:15 -0400

Hi you all,

So being on vacation means I get to get a lot of reading done, smile.

Here is another book from the vault of the CF card.

One challenge with this submission it didn't take the long synopsis, which is strange, I am pasting it below the book announcement, and it is on the back cover, it is just strange it didn't take it.

 ISBN:
 0-89658-466-6

 Title:
 Salmon (Worldlife Library)

 Author(s):
 John Baxter, Carlton Ray

 Publisher:
 Voyageur Press, Incorporated

 Copyright Date:
 2000

 Copyrighted By:
 John M. Baxter

 Brief Synopsis:
Provides information about the main species of salmon, their evolution, life cycles, migration, and threats to their existence, and more.

 Long Synopsis:

 Comments:
has been read through, and captions identified as captions if I could determine that. May need page numbers inserted. maps have been removed. If you have any questions please contact me and I will try to answer them not sure if I can get the book again if pages need rescanned. juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 Adult content:
 No

 Language:
 English US, English Great Britain

 Book Quality:
 EXCELLENT

 Categories:
 Nonfiction, Animals, Outdoors and Nature
The life cycle of the salmon is a remarkable story of survival. Their amazing feat of migration from freshwater streams to saltwater oceans and back again is one of the great wonders and mysteries of the natural world.

In this authoritative book, John Baxter uncovers the origins, migratory instincts, and life histories of the seven salmon species found around the world: Atlantic, chinook, coho, sockeye, masu, pink, and chum. He also explores the many conservation issues facing salmon today, which are declining because of pollution, overfishing, and changes to river habitats.

Discover the world's animals in the WorldLife Library from Voyageur Press. This highly acclaimed series brings you the latest research from leading naturalists, along with stunning color photographs of your favorite animals.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The ultimate sense of security will be when we come to recognize that we are all part of one human race. Our primary allegiance is to the human race and not to one particular color or border. -Mohamed ElBaradei, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (b. 1942)