[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Flushed With Pride

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:49:17 -0400

Hi everyone, had some time this week to edit some books I scanned and here is the first of I think Five books to be submitted. This one is quite neat and points out how much Thomas Crapper has added to our lives and the creative and intelligent person he was, smile enjoy.

 ISBN:
 1-85145-396-2

 Title:
 Flushed With Pride: The Story Of Thomas Crapper

 Author(s):
 Wallace Rayburn

 Publisher:
 Anova Books

 Copyright Date:
 1989

 Copyrighted By:
 Wallace Rayburn

 Brief Synopsis:
have you ever wondered who invented the flushing toilet, or why Americans call it on occassion the Crapper. Find out the history, and legend beyhind our modern flush toilets and other inventions that Thomas Crapper is responsible for.

 Long Synopsis:
Flushed with Pride celebrates the life and times of Thomas Crapper, the man who revolutionised the nation's water closets and plumber By Appointment to Edward VII. First published 20 years ago, this fascinating book achieved cult status on both sides of the Atlantic and is now reissued for the delectation of loo readers everywhere.

 Comments:
Has been read through and should be complete. Blank pages are illustrations. Chapter titles are protected, page numbers are at the bottom of the pages. Thos. is short form for Thomas and is how it is printed in the book. If you have any questions please contact me at juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 Adult content:
 No

 Language:
 English Great Britain

 Book Quality:
 EXCELLENT

 Categories:
 Nonfiction, Art and Architecture, Biographies and Memoirs

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule to the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases where it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with natural ease, with judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting the words of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities of the situation, is mastery. -George Polya, professor of mathematics (1887-1985)