[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book styles

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:24:14 -0500

I've been experimenting with common fonts for the last several months to see which one helps me see errors best. So far, the Georgia font has worked better for me than anything else, including Times New Roman or Arial. I've found that the Georgia font displays the characters very distinctly for a numeral one, "1", a lower case L,"l" and an upper case "I". I've never used Georgia before, but I'd recommend experimenting with if you're a sighted proofreader as it's really helping me in proofreading. smile. Of course, your mileage may vary! grin.

Judy s.

Valerie Maples wrote:
New times roman makes proofing easier for sighted readers to distinguish
between an lower case l, the number 1, And an upper case I, among many other
reasons.

Valerie

On Jun 21, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Debby Franson wrote:

Hi Mayrie and everyone!

Why do we use Times New Roman if the Daisy converter changes them to Arial or
something similar?  I thought people preferred Times New Roman over Arial.  I
could be mistaken, though, (smile).

Debby

At 06:45 PM 6/18/2010, Mayrie ReNae wrote
When books go through Bookshare's daisy converter, they are converted to a very
simple
font, much like Ariel, I'm told.