[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Submitted: Travels with Stanley

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:35:39 -0400

In my opinion It was a really neat book. I heard about it at the office one day at lunch and though, hey why not see if the book was really at the library it was, and then "wonder if it will scan" and wouldn't you know it it did. Smile.

From: Shelley L. Rhodes <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Travels with Stanley
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 7:00 PM
Hi everyone, I am now back in the
field which means time to edit books already scanned,
smile.  her is the second submission tonight.  If
anyone is a hockey fan they might want to snag this book.

 ISBN:
 978-1-60078-048-6

 Title:
 Travels with Stanley

 Author(s):
 The Hockey Hall of Fame, The Keepers of the Cup
(Photographer)

 Publisher:
 Triumph Books

 Copyright Date:
 2007

 Copyrighted By:
 the Hockey Hall of Fame

 Brief Synopsis:
 Throughout the course of the year the Stanley Cup travels
more than two hundred days, covering the width and breadth
of the globe.

 Long Synopsis:
 Throughout the course of the year the Stanley Cup travels
more than two hundred days, covering the width and breadth
of the globe. Whether it's a celebration with the Stanley
Cup champions as they take hockey's greatest prize back to
their hometowns or spreading the hockey gospel according to
Stanley, the trophy is recognized and revered everywhere it
goes. And Phil Pritchard, the keeper of the cup, is with
Stanley every step of the way. Travels with Stanley
chronicles many of these visits. But this is a book that is
as educational as it is entertaining. In each unique
photograph, the Stanley Cup is pictured in an iconic
setting, and readers are given a lesson in the history,
geography, or trivia of the location. Whether visiting Elvis
Presley's beloved Graceland, or NASA in Florida, Travels
with Stanley is a totally unique, entertaining look at the
world through the eyes of hockey's Holy Grail--the Stanley
Cup.

 Comments:
 Has been read through. page numbers did not scan, however,
table of contents is accurate and no missing pages, page
count totals. Was edited, blank page is the photo. They
don't require description, caption does a good job, but it
would be fun to know what was really happening in a couple
of them. Interesting book.

 Adult content:
 No

 Language:
 English

 Book Quality:
 EXCELLENT

 Categories:
 History, Nonfiction, Sports

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: retired Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

America has been called a melting pot, but it seems better
to call it a mosaic, for in it each nation, people or race
which has come to its shores has been privileged to keep its
individuality, contributing at the same time its share to
the unified pattern of a new nation. -King Baudouin of
Belgium (1930-1993)