[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: The Great Dane Thor

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:05:08 -0400

Another rare Walter Farley Title, I love interlibrary loan.

Smile.

This one is a clean scan.  I was really impressed with it.

Needs a spell check just in case, as I don't do them.  but chapter titles
are protected, page numbers present, headers stripped and all pages
accounted for.

The Great Dane Thor
By Walter Farley

With the Great Dane, Thor standing quietly beside him, Lars Newton watched
the poachers with their loaded guns getting closer and closer to the
snow-covered thicket where a doe and her twin fawns had taken refuge. What
could he, an unarmed boy, do to stop the slaughter?

Maybe he could count on Thor to help. Lars felt more confident with the
Great Dane at his side. It hadn't always been that way. Thor was his
father's dog-and when, a few weeks before, Thor had wantonly killed a buck,
Lars' rage knew no bounds. Then his father had given him the job of training
the Great Dane. It hadn't been easy. But gradually boy and dog grew to
understand each other. That in itself opened up a whole new world to Lars. .
. .

A dramatic story by the author of the famous Black Stallion books.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com