[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Submitted: Oddball Wisconsin: A Guide to Some Really Strange Places by Jerome Pohlen

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:48:37 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, Kelly, reading the parts of sentences that Judy included it sounds
interesting in and of itself. I love history when it's well-written, and these
sentences lead me to believe that the book doesn't just describe interesting
locations but tells interesting historical anecdotes about them. I thought that
probably the book would only be in libraries in that region and that, no longer
living in Minnesota, I wouldn't be able to find it, but the San Diego Public
Library system has two copies of it.

I was at a camp in Oconomowoc once--lovely place. And Judy said she'd like to
read it.

Oh, thank you Marilyn. You post hasn't shown up in my mail yet, so I didn't
realize to what Kelly was responding until I scrolled down to be sure I was
right about what Judy said. I'm glad Kelly kept the previous posts as part of
hers. You do me too much honor--smile. You're much better now than I at doing
things like describing illustrations. Now if there's something that I don't
particularly want to validate or describe, I hang back and wait for you or
Devorah or Jamie to offer. grin I'm so glad you are all here.

Well, though I'd be happy to validate the Wisconsin book because it does look
interesting, I do have 4 other things that should be completed first, so enjoy.

G.Cindy
G.Cindy

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/