[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Submitted: Oddball Wisconsin: A Guide to Some Really Strange Places by Jerome Pohlen

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:53:39 -0400

Hi, Kelly.

My library doesn't have this book.  Is it new?  Then they have to
order it, and that takes some time.  They have a book called
ODDBALL OHIO: A GUIDE... just like yours, but obviously not
yours, that's why I'm thinking yours might be new.

Can you let me know?

Giggling and Honored,
Marilyn

On May 13, 2008, at 6:36 PM, Marilyn Beasley wrote:

Dear  Judy S.,

"... like Grandma Cindy or Marilyn..."

I am so TOTALLY HONORED to be in the same sentence as Grandma Cindy! Can you
imagine me giggling with glee when I read that???

I will put your and Kelly's message in my Pending file and should be able to tackle that
book (that is, if my library has it) around the end of next week.

Still giggling with glee,
Marilyn

On May 13, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Judy s. wrote:

Kelly, I'm not the one who rejected it - but I did download it and release it when you first put it up. I would like to read this book, but I didn't think I had the expertise to try validating it. It had many pages with text problems that I couldn't figure out, probably caused by photos or graphics, I'm guessing.

So I do understand why it got rejected, and maybe this explanation will help explain why someone rejected it? smile. Here's a sample of one of the pages that I saved in the notes that I made before releasing it:

r^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^=i Nelson) were hiding out in the North
I^^^^^^^^^^^^I^H Woods at Wisconsin’s Little Star Lake.
I^^^P^^^^^I^^^^^^H ’ Edgar Hoover put Melvin Purvis on
^H|f h^I^H^^^^^^H me case and a swarm of agents descend-
^B7 H    IH^^^^^^^H e<^on me Little Bohemia Resort. What
H  IB     jfi^l^^^HH happened next became the 1930s equiv-
H  I R’r     ^^^^^^^V alent of Waco; despite (or because of)
Hjf f I     j^^^^^^^H overwhelming numbers on the side of
IHf ’ m ^fl^l^^^^H me ^ec^s’ things went horribly wrong. |H ! H I^I^^^B ^n April 22, soon-to-be-innocent-
IBj    <”     H^^^^^E victim Eugene Boiseneau and two CCC
IH   9    ’t^^^K^^^B coworkers were leaving the resort after a
Hi ’M <; HI^^^H^^^H   J chicken dinner. Their car was ambushed.
jwfflH^^^H  II Trigger-happy G-men riddled the car
HjHU^^^^^^^^Hffl wim bullets, killing Boiseneau and injur-
I^MB^^M^HH^BMJW ing the others. Dillinger’s gang heard the

This might be a case where one of the sighted volunteers like Grandma Cindy or Marilyn could actually look at the book and your rft and get this book into the collection. smile.

Judy s.

Kelly Ford wrote:
For what it is worth, someone rejected this book saying it was of poor quality. I found it readable so won't be spending the time to resubmit it.
Kelly