[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Eddie's Green Thumb

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:00:34 -0500

Had a lot of free time yesterday waiting at the doctors office, so finished
this book.  Should be a really easy validation for someone.  And a cute
book.

Eddie's Green Thumb
By Carolyn haywood

From the Book Jacket:
When Eddie Wilson's teacher announced that the whole class was going to
carry out a Green Thumb Project and plant gardens, Eddie was immediately
enthusiastic. Starting merrily off on the wrong foot, he joined forces with
the notoriously confusing Anna Patricia Wallace and formed a seed
business -only to find that Anna Patricia intended the profit for the school
library, not for themselves. Then, before Eddie could even plant his garden,
he found a nest of baby rabbits there; "It'll be just like a cafeteria for
those rabbits," his brothers teased him. "They'll probably sell your lettuce
to their friends." But Eddie insisted on raising the rabbits, along with his
vegetables, and in Boodles' garden Eddie and Anna Patricia raised something
even more peculiar, which they intended to present to Boodles for his
birthday. Carolyn Haywood's tireless young characters attack the problems of
gardening with cheerful confidence, and with positive results. Fresh
vegetables, fresh humor, and fresh air illuminate the pages of this
thoroughly entertaining new book, which marks a twenty- fifth anniversary
for the ever humorous Miss Haywood.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

More than Any other time, When I hold a beloved book in my hand, my
- Helen Keller