[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Don't Bet Against Me! Beating the Odds Against Breast Cancer and In Life

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:31:14 -0500

Hi everyone,

Here is the book off the wish list that Susan Lockhardt wanted.  And I have
to admit is a great read, smile.

But here it is with a Hold for Susan L. on it.

Hope it lands in the collection soon as it is a great book.

Don't Bet Against Me! Beating the Odds Against Breast Cancer and In life
By Deanna Favre with Angela Hunt

From the book Jacket:
AT AGE 35, DEANNA FAVRE HAD IT ALL?
A loving husband at the peak of his NFL career Two beautiful daughters A
wonderful life...
AND BREAST CANCER

No one is immune to tragedy. Deanna Favre is living proof.

A shy, small-town girl from Kiln, Mississippi, Deanna had always been
perfectly content to let her famous husband steal the spotlight. Though
married to the NFL's only three-time MVP, she preferred to live a life of
quiet anonymity.
  But on December 22, 2003, the spotlight shifted. When television cameras
zeroed in on a somber Deanna watching her grief- stricken husband lead the
Green Bay Packers to a Monday night victory over the Oakland Raiders
immediately following the death of his father, Deanna's anonymity was lost,
and her life changed forever.
Tragedy struck again the following October when Deanna's younger brother,
Casey, was killed in an ATV accident. Four days later?still reeling from the
loss of her brother-?Deanna was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Through it all, however, Deanna has emerged a  survivor.   In  this  candid
and  inspirational memoir,   she   shares   the   triumphs   and   the
tragedies of a life lived both behind the scenes and on center stage. From
her years as a single mom and her high-profile marriage to Brett, to her
highly publicized battle with breast cancer and the work she is currently
doing through the Deanna Favre HOPE Foundation, her story is living
testament that with faith. and love, ordinary people can overcome the most
extraordinary circumstances.

DEANNA FAVRE, wife of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre, was
unexpectedly thrust into the national spotlight when, in the fall of 2004,
she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Three years later and cancer-free, Deanna has become one of breast cancer's
leading activists. As the founder of the Deanna Favre HOPE Foundation, she
now travels the country to speak about the importance of early diagnosis and
raises funds to provide early diagnostic services, education, and financial
support for uninsured and underinsured women battling breast cancer. Deanna,
Brett, and their daughters, Brittany and Breleigh, live in Hattiesburg,
Mississippi.

With more than three million copies of her books sold worldwide, ANGELA HUNT
is the best- selling author of more than one hundred books, including The
Tale of Three Trees, The Note, and Magdalene. She and her husband make their
home in Florida.

DEANNA FAVRE
HOPE
FOUNDATION
A portion of the proceeds for this book will go to the Deanna Favre HOPE
Foundation to provide financial support for uninsured and underinsured women
battling breast cancer.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx