[bksvol-discuss] Book Lists, WAS: Re: Re: some questions

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:44:07 -0500

Hi Jamie!

Are book lists I have seen posted to the list such as these: Historical Fiction October 2009 and Mystery October 2009 from publishers' sites, or where? Just curious?

Debby

At 01:23 PM 10/28/2009, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote
Misha is right; I had totally forgotten Google books has a lot of books scanned. I think I even used it once to find a missing portion of text. Thanks!

I think Barnes and Noble lets you look inside some of the books too but I think it is probably the same ones you can look inside at Amazon.

Also some publisher web sites let you look inside books. I'm thinking Harper is probably the one I saw recently that let me peek inside of the book and read the first chapter but I can't remember for sure. I sign up for the mailing lists at a lot of publisher sites so I can be aware of new books I might want to read.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Prayers for the Dead - Faye Kellerman